I want a family.

My wife and I have been fortunate to where we have been able to live off of my income. About 12 years ago, we decided to start having children. The plan was my wife would not have to work so she could concentrate her time with our new baby. At first, I was hesitant, because my wife gave up her career so I could chase my dream career. However, it was a priority for my wife that we raise our children to the best of our abilities and prepare them for school.

Fast-forward to today. We have been blessed to have three wonderful, smart, beautiful children, ages 4,9, and 11. As time has passed, our expenses have increased over the years, which has made our lifestyle tighter than before. My wife and I do not live a lavish lifestyle. We have a modest home, one car paid off, and we just purchased a used van after the old van was falling apart.

More expenses..

Expenses have increased over the years for our family. Food is more expensive because my babies are now becoming athletic kids. The cost of clothing has increased as my children have grown. The cost of school, field trips, fundraisers and school functions, has increased over the years.

My income is now pulling double the weight today than 12 years ago. My wife and I are continually working together to see what “fat” can we trim to make it more reasonable and less stressful. An easy side job is an excellent addition to supplement your income if you need a little extra money to help support your lifestyle. There are different options out there, and it just takes some motivation to get started.

What can I do?

Start an Online Business- You could start an online business where you can increase your income right from your own home. Many options are on the internet that can help you provide a little extra money. Make sure you do some research on companies. Unfortunately, there are scams out there all over the internet, so make sure you do your research on these businesses.

Take on a Part-time job- Do I have enough time to work another job? The demands of a 40-hour job can make this tough; however it can be done. You can be a server at a restaurant on the weekends. Some people cut grass for busy neighbors. What about being a neighborhood Handyman? Babysitting could be an option. There are many opportunities when it comes to a part-time job.

Motivation is needed

What is your motivation? – The key is to understand why you want to work a side job and use that as motivation. My wife and I are pre-planners. As our children continue to grow, we are looking at college and how to afford the cost without adding more debt to our family. Plus, we are determined to make sure they have no debt of their own as they start their careers.

An easy side job can help anyone trying to get out of debt, save up for a big purchase (house, car, etc.) or help you save money so you can retire early in life. The key is to figure out your goals and use that as motivation. Stay positive and pursue your goals!

Category
Tags

9 Responses

1. Yama says:

I totally agree. Thanks for sharing this informative post.

2. Anh-Tu says:

I totally agree with you to start an online business, later on you can turn it into your main income and of course be aware of scams.

I’m a blogger and it sure will help you with some extra income.
    It would take some time until you get traffic, you need to put a lot of effort into it and a good research. To become successful you need to be motivated and remain positive.

Thank you for sharing this post!

• admin says:

Thanks for the comments. Yeah the ” get rich schemes” out there never work. It takes time and patience to find the right job.

3. James says:

Your wife and you sound like a great team! You have built a wonderful family and are raising 3 kids whose potential you support to the best of your abilities. I find that very inspiring and I’m sure this is a major driving factor for you!

As you’ve written, when you know WHY you need that side-income it becomes easier to find opportunities. Great article with a very nice personal touch! I enjoyed reading it very much.

4. Jane says:

I think, many people are in the same situation and will totally agree.

5. Fred Ota says:

Hi, very motivating post. I totally agree with you.
    Our expenses has grown over the years and unfortunately the pay check will never be enough, forcing families into debt.
    I like the idea of getting involved in online marketing. You will need some commitment and patience but the result can be very satisfying.
    Knowing your Why’s will definitely help you along the journey.
    Great post.
    Fred

6. Nate says:

Hi Anh,

Me and my girlfriend are also planning to start a family, as a result we need more money but one of us would realistically need to be at home.

That is why I’ve been investigating work at home businesses, so safe to say I’ve drawn the same conclusion as you.

There are so many types though, in your opinion what are the best types of online business to consider pursuing?

• admin says:

Nate, I have read and seen great success with internet marketing. There are many websites and companies that deal with internet marketing. I like Wealthy Affiliate because of all the training and support from other members. Make sure you do your research and figure out what is best for your situation. Good luck on your endeavors!

Fred